Location: Home Based Central, US.
Preferred locations: Houston, TX or Chicago, IL metro regions
Reports To: Sales Manager
To apply: Send your resume to email@example.com and in your cover letter explain your experience. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
Nanoscience Instruments is a dynamic company that provides a diverse portfolio of analytical instrumentation & nanomaterial development equipment. We serve markets in academia, government and industry. Our 18-year history has given us a strong customer base and established a reputation in the fields we serve.
The Territory Sales Manager will be responsible for the effective and profitable growth of sales in Nanoscience Instruments’ Central region of the US. Product responsibilities include Q-Sense QCM-D, Attension contact angle meters & tensiometers, KSV-NIMA LB troughs, KLA optical profilers, and additional products as they are added to our portfolio. This is a home-based position.
The duties include but are not limited to:
- Actively promoting our products, contacting prospective customers, screening inquiries, interfacing with customers, preparing quotes and proposals, and following up with ongoing projects
- Develop and implement new strategies and tactics needed to grow existing accounts
- Target and win new customers and open new markets
- Ensure all bids and proposals meet project specifications; upon contract award ensure customer satisfaction expectations are met
- Provide accurate sales and revenue forecast
- Work within a team environment especially with application scientists and inside sales resources
- Attend local and national conventions/expos
- Organize and run workshops in the territory
- Constantly monitor the market environment and provide trends and other competitive data to Nanoscience Instruments
- Travel to prospects & customers within territory and company events across the US; and possible visits to suppliers around the world
- Support customers in the territory (pre- and post- sales support)
- A suitable home office for making sales calls and general office work. High speed internet required
- At least 3 years of sales experience selling scientific equipment, or 5 years as an applications scientist
- Extensive travel throughout the territory, >50%
- Experience with optical microscopy, QCM-D, tensiometry, and atomic force microscopy a plus
- Bachelors of Science or higher, in a physical science or engineering
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to focus on strategic and key opportunities, balancing short-term and long-term goals effectively, and the ability to close sales
- Must demonstrate an ability to develop strong working relationships with customers and prospects, and have effective interpersonal skills & solid presentation skills
The preferred locations are Houston, TX or Chicago, IL metro regions. Any location inside territory will be considered. Territory covered: US: ND, SD, MN, WI, MI, NE, IA, IL, IN, OH, KS, MO, KY, OK, AR, TN,TX, LA, MS, AL + Canada: ON, MB, SK.
To be considered for this job, your intro letter or message must explain your experience and how it relates to the job requirements above. This must include the scope of your expertise, the systems/models sold, and/or your application/research experience. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org