Job Status: Full-Time
Location: Alexandria, VA
Reports To: Service Manager
To apply: Send your resume to email@example.com and in your cover letter explain your experience.
Nanoscience Instruments markets, sells, and services scientific instrumentation. Our Virgina office needs a Service Engineer who will be responsible for performing service and repair of Scanning Electron Microscopes. Recent electrical & mechanical engineering graduates are encouraged to apply.
Significant Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Conduct maintenance and repair of complex instruments and follow testing procedures to ensure proper working operation.
- Diagnose and repair the scientific instruments as required.
- As needed, conduct on-site maintenance visits across the US and Canada (occasional weekend travel). Some training may be required at international vendor locations.
- Provide troubleshooting and repair support for customers via phone and email.
- Cultivate and develop positive working relationships with customers, system users, and company personnel.
- Must demonstrate good understanding of tools for both electrical and mechanical systems.
- Complete and submit detailed service reports.
- Work with Technical Support, identifying and isolating unique problems.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Education: Possessing or working on an engineering degree or equivalent experience in electronic/mechanical system troubleshooting.
- Experience: Literate in Windows software environments.
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Ability to deal effectively with customers, excellent interpersonal communication skills, able to read and interpret schematics, familiar with basic networking protocols, familiar with UHV phenomenon and technology.
- Certification/Licensure: None
- Instrumentation: Electronic, hand tools, various gauge.
- Direct experience working with Scanning Electron Microscopes (SEM)
- Demonstratable knowledge and understanding of the principles of high vacuum technology and basic electronics is essential
- High degree of manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude as well as good verbal communications skills required
- Experience performing electro-mechanical root cause troubleshooting of scientific equipment (including mechanical pumps and high vacuum equipment)