Reports To: Co-CEO
Job Status: Full-Time
Location: Alexandria, VA
To Apply: Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and explain your experience in a cover letter.
Take full responsibility for the smooth running of our small, dynamic Alexandria, Virginia office where your professionalism, initiative, and office skills will be welcomed. Your full-time, in the office role will include providing a full range of administration duties and sales support to a dynamic team of scientists and sales professionals!
This position will suit you if you have good interpersonal and presentation skills, in addition to office management skills and familiarity with the sale process. You need to be self-directed and have excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Inside sales support
- Office management
- Preparation of Sales Quotations to customers and potential customers
- Customer communications
- CRM database entries
- Assist with updating suppliers’ CRM databases
- Assist with sales opportunities management
- Replicate instrument quotes in supplier’s database
- Manage sales portals
- File server and general database clean up
- Accept deliveries for Virginia office
- Ordering office supplies and any sales related materials as needed
- Prepare FedEx documents and arrange pick-ups from VA office
- Assist Logistics/Operations with PO processing/database management
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Experience in sales / Understanding of the sales process
- Experience / familiarity with a quoting system
- Experience working in a CRM (Contact Relationship Management) database
- Attentive to details
- A positive disposition
- Business degree or equivalent experience in a sales role
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Experience
Business degree or equivalent experience in a sales role.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Internet software; Database software and Contact Management systems.