Reports To: Lead Service Engineer
Job Status: Full-Time
Location: Phoenix, AZ
To Apply: Send your resume to email@example.com and in your cover letter explain your experience.
At Nanoscience Instruments we market, sell, and service sophisticated scientific instrumentation in the field of microscopy. Our products are utilized by large and small universities, government labs, startups, and multinational corporations across the US and Canada. We enable innovation by providing complex instrumentation which can probe and discover materials, processes, and interactions at the nanoscale.
Our Phoenix headquarters is hiring Scientific Instrumentation Technicians who are intellectually curious, hands-on, and natural problem solvers. Our products are the culmination of physics, electronics and mechanics. The Scientific Instrumentation Technicians will learn to support technologies which include; scanning electron microscopes, Quartz Crystal Microbalance devices, Electrospinning equipment, and others. These positions involve direct interaction with scientists and engineers at our customers locations, providing exposure to some of the most exciting research in the world today.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesEssential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Performs maintenance and repairs, including software/hardware upgrades, on various scientific instrumentation per established standards
- Diagnose errors and technical problems and determine proper solutions and produce timely and detailed service reports
- Remotely accessing equipment to diagnose and resolve customer issues
- Occasional domestic travel to customer site for PM or repair work
- Direct customer communication via phone and email
- Collaborate closely with Service Engineering to resolve technical issues
- Maintain a clean and well-organized work area and repair depot
- Maintain inventory control of equipment tools and parts
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as requested
CompetencyTo perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- High-level ability to test, troubleshoot, service and repair electro-mechanical assemblies and instrumentation
- Superb customer service, communication, and self-management skills
- Must have outstanding verbal and written skills and strong organizational skills combined with a high sense of urgency to successfully follow-up on customer commitments and tasks
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Strong math and analytical skills, strong attention to detail required
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Must be able to read and interpret schematics and diagrams
- Must be familiar with basic test equipment such as multimeters, power supplies, etc.
- Proficient computer skills, MS Office Suite
- Experience with vacuum systems a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.