Job Status: Full-Time
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Reports To: Director of Operations and Service
To Apply: Send your resume to email@example.com and in your cover letter explain your experience.
Nanoscience Instruments markets, sells, and services scientific instrumentation. Our headquarters in Phoenix, AZ is in need of a Service Managerwho will be responsible for building and maintaining a Service team that performs service and repair of Scanning Electron Microscopes and other cutting edge, high-tech nanotechnology equipment. This is a management position with direct reports on both the East and West Coasts, US.
Significant Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Strong team leadership and development skills are essential, this position will direct the daily activities of the Service team.
- Responsible for continual training and readiness of the Service Team for existing products as well as any new product lines that may be introduced.
- Ensures proper repair lab protocols are in place and maintained including proper ESD controls and maintenance.
- The Service Manager meets with the Nanoscience suppliers on a weekly basis (suppliers are primarily in Europe) to discuss best practices and bring up any issues affecting Nanoscience customers.
- Conduct preventative maintenance (PM) and repair of complex instruments and follow testing procedures to ensure proper working operation.
- Monitors and manages Service events and Field Technician activities to ensure proper procedures are followed and customer satisfaction is achieved in every Service-related transaction.
- As needed, conduct on-site maintenance visits across the US and Canada (occasional weekend travel). Some training will be required at international supplier locations.
- Provide troubleshooting and repair support for customers via phone, email, and remote access software.
- Analyzes data (KPI) and creates reports on daily and monthly service metrics to identify department productivity and activity trends. Makes modifications and/or recommendations to management based on analysis.
- Must demonstrate good understanding of tools for electrical, mechanical, and vacuum systems.
- Occasional international travel to Suppliers for training is essential to this position.
- Complete and submit detailed service reports.
- Develops and maintains written departmental standards and procedures as part of the NSI Quality Management System (QMS).
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education: Possessing or working on an engineering (STEM) degree.
Experience: Must have 3 – 5 years of prior experience as a team leader or manager, preferably in a high-tech/Service environment.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Able to read and interpret schematics, familiar with basic networking protocols, familiar with UHV phenomenon and technology.
- Able to deal effectively with customers, both internal and external, with a high degree of professionalism and empathy.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on complex equipment.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication (English).
- High degree of manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to perform in a highly paced, high-pressure environment.
- Knowledge of or experience with Scanning Electron Microscopes or Cryo-EM is a plus.
- Must be literate in Windows/Microsoft software environments.
- Experience with Python and/or Linux is a plus.