Reports To: Department Head
Job Status: Full-Time
Location: Phoenix, AZ and Alexandria, VA
To Apply: Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and in your cover letter explain your experience.
Nanoscience Instruments supplies instrumentation to analyze materials and surface properties. We provide a variety of nanoscale microscopy & analysis, as well as nanomaterial synthesis instrumentation to customers across North America. We have multiple open positions for application scientists in our demonstration and analytical laboratories in both Phoenix, AZ and Alexandria, VA. If you are a recent or soon-to-be graduate with a background in materials or surface science, we are hiring PhD-level scientists to support QCM-D, optical & force tensiometers, and nanoparticle generation instrumentation.
The role of an applications scientist is to interface with customers and potential customers to demonstrate and educate about the uses and capabilities of our various products. The applications scientist will regularly interact with other application scientists, R&D and product managers at our suppliers’ factories in Europe. This role will be exposed to a very wide variety of customers in various industries with different requirements. This can span both large and small companies, top-tier universities, and small colleges, as well as military and government research facilities. The ideal candidate will be energized by the variety of projects and easily adapt to new situations and new products & technologies.
Significant Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform product demonstrations in application labs or at customer sites
- Perform online product demonstrations, perform sample analysis and provide sample analysis reports
- Train and support customers
- Work with sales managers, product managers and marketing to develop marketing strategy for assigned products
- Develop expertise in key applications supporting products
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Education: PhD in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science or Engineering with a focus on surface science
- Experience with QCM-D, AFM or other similar analytical surface science technique
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Travel: Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Because this position requires access to Government, Military, and other high security labs, US Citizenship is required
- Experience in electrospinning