Mid-Atlantic & Southeastern US Sales Manager
Nanoscience Instruments is a small, dynamic company that provides a diverse portfolio of metrology instrumentation, including desktop SEMs, SEM accessories, 3D optical profilers, AFMs and electrospinning instrumentation. We serve markets in education, academic & government research, and industry. Our 15-year history has given us a strong customer base and established reputation in the fields we serve.
The Territory Sales Manager will be responsible for the effective and profitable growth of overall sales in Nanoscience Instruments’ Mid-Atlantic & Southeastern Area of the US. The role is to actively sell and support Nanoscience Instruments' products in the territory.
The duties include but are not limited to:
- Actively promote our products, contacting prospective customers, screening inquiries, interfacing with customer, preparing quotes and proposals, and following up ongoing projects
- Develop and implement new strategies and tactics needed to grow existing accounts
- Target and win new customers and open new markets
- Ensure all bids and proposals meet project specifications; upon contract award ensure customer satisfaction expectations are met
- Provide accurate sales and revenue forecast
- Attend local and national conventions / expos
- Organize and run workshops in territory
- Constantly monitor market environment and provide trend and other competitive data to Nanoscience Instruments
- Travel to prospects & customers within territory and company events across the US; and possible visits to suppliers around the world
- Support customers in territory (pre- and post- sales support)
- At least 3 years of sales experience selling scientific equipment, or 5 years as an applications scientist
- Extensive travel throughout territory, >50%
- Experience with optical microscopy, scanning electron microscopy, and atomic force microscopy a plus
- Bachelors of Science or higher, in a physical science or engineering
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to focus on strategically and effectively on key opportunities, balancing short-term and long-term goals effectively, and the ability to close sales
- Must demonstrate ability to develop strong working relationships with customers and prospects, and have effective interpersonal skills & solid presentation skills
Location: The preferred location is in the Washington, DC metro area, within commuting distance to Alexandria, VA office. Territory extends from Eastern Pennsylvania to Florida.
To be considered for this job, your intro letter or message must explain your experience and how it relates to the job requirements above. This must include the scope of your expertise, the systems/models sold, and/or your application/research experience. If you leave this out, your resume will not be reviewed.
To apply: Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org