The free workshop on May 15th on “Advances in Nanoindentation: A Rapid Throughput Approach for Measuring Mechanical Properties at Small Scales” will feature:
- Invited talks from the wide range of applications including in the fields of lithium metal, biomaterials, material science, polymers, plus many more.
- Personal nanoindentation demonstrations available by request
- A complimentary lunch for all participants
- A reception following the event
This is a great opportunity to meet, share and network with other nanoindentation users in different fields of scientific research.
You will gain hands-on experience for the KLA nanoindentation products and how the design of the instrumentation delivers reproducible results because of the superior physics design.
Workshop will be held in Salisbury Labs 115 with demonstrations in adjacent classrooms. The reception will be held in Higgins House Great Hall and Gardens. See below for additional details.
Workshop space is limited, registration is on first come first serve basis and is required so that we may prepare for lunch and reception.
Interested in bringing your own sample? Request your personalized demonstration time slot by registering below.
Tuesday, May 14th:
1:30 – 4:00 PM: Personal nanoindentation demonstrations available upon request. Please request time below. We will do our best to accommodate your schedule.
Wednesday, May 15th:
9:00 – 9:45: Registration
9:45 – 10:00: Opening Remarks
10:00 – 10:30: Dr. Danielle Cote, WPI
10:30 – 11:00: Dr. Warren Oliver, Senior Scientist KLA
11:00 – 11:30: Dr. Erik G. Herbert, MTU
- “State-of-the-art Nanoindentation: From novel observations in lithium metal to viscoelastic characterization in the time and frequency domains”
12:30 – 12:50: Dr. Seok-Woo Lee, University of Connecticut
“In-situ mechanical characterization of advanced structural materials at the micrometer scale”
- “Industrial applications of iMicro to characterize mechanical properties of polymer coatings and thin films to measure modulus, hardness, viscoelasticity and yielding behavior”
- “Nanoindentation Experiments at High Strain Rates and Ultra-Low Loads”
- “Extraction of Layer by Layer Mechanical Properties in Additively Manufactured Al8006 Alloys Through Depth Sensing Nanoindentation”
2:20 – 3:00: Instrument Demonstrations and WPI Lab Tours
3:00 – 5:00: Reception (Higgins House Great Hall and Gardens, WPI)
3:00 – 5:00: Pre-Arranged Individual Demonstrations*
Thursday, May 16th:
9:00 – 12:00: Personal nanoindentation demonstrations available upon request. Please request time below. We will do our best to accommodate your schedule.
Hotel and Location Information:
A block of rooms have been reserved with $140/night special pricing. Group code will be provided to those that pre-register with the form below
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton 65 Prescott Street Worcester, MA 01605
Salisbury Labs 115 Kinnicut Lecutre Hall 100 Institute Road, Worcester, MA
Parking Passes and a map will be provided upon registration
Higgins House Great Hall and Gardens100 Institute Road Worcester MA, 01609
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com with subject line: “WPI Nanoindentation Workshop” or 480.758.5400.