Direct Electron Detectors
CheeTah hybrid pixel detectors by ASI deliver a powerful combination of features useful for beam sensitive studies, electron diffraction, 4D-STEM, and ultrafast-EELS applications. Based on Medipix and Timepix technology, the detectors allow unprecedented high-speed, dynamic range, and noiseless data acquisition. Flexible housing options for static mount and retractable attachment allow easy integration into almost any TEM. Multiple chip configurations are available to optimize data collection and spectral capabilities.
Single Electron Sensitivity
DQE(0) > 0.9 for 200 kV with 300 µm silicon sensor
Nanosecond Time Resolution
Event-driven detection at a time resolution of 1.56 ns
No need beam stopper needed
Achieve up to 640,000,000 frames per second
See available configurations
Direct Electron Detector Product Options
CheeTah hybrid pixel direct electron detectors boost the amount of information you can get from advanced techniques including precession electron diffraction, 4D-STEM, cryoEM, 3D tomography, microED, ptychography, and ultrafast-EELS.
The only event-driven electron detector, providing unprecedented speed and sensitivity for low-dose 4D-STEM and ultrafast-EELS applications.
- Event-based readout with time resolution of 1.56 ns
- Up to 640,000,000 fps for nanosecond dwell times
- Timestamping of electrons
- Configuration options for optimizing STEM and EELS data collection
- Based on the Timepix3 sensor ASIC developed at CERN
Hybrid pixel electron detector delivering single electron sensitivity, speed, and noiseless data acquisition. Perfect for both materials science and life science applications.
- Frame-based readout
- Max frame rate of 2,000 Hz (12-bit) with continuous readout
- 55 μm pixel size; 512×512 pixel array
- Noiseless detection and energy thresholding
- Based on the Medipix3 sensor ASIC developed at CERN
CheeTah M3 Megapixel
Large-area hybrid pixel detector detector ideal for diffraction imaging of larger crystal unit volumes such as proteins.
- 1024 x 1024 pixels
- 3000 fps
- Zero-readout time
- Noiseless detection and energy discrimination
- Static mount