Join Nanoscience Instruments at the Thermo Scientific Spetroscopic Solutions Seminar on Tuesday, April 16th.
This free, all-new, one-day seminar focused on making your lab more effective. This seminar is ALL NEW for 2019 showcasing new applications, new products and new software.
Account Manager, Jining Xie, will be on-site with the Phenom XL desktop scanning electron microscope, demonstrating the superior workflow, imaging and ease of use.
What you will experience
- Live demonstrations of new spectroscopy hardware and new software
- Current application examples tailored to your industry
- Networking with application scientists and your peers
- Seminars begin at 8:30 a.m. local time with registration and a continental breakfast; the day concludes at 4:00 p.m.
Location: DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia
5485 Twin Knolls Rd,
Columbia, MD 21045
Presenter: Jining Xie
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.: Registration and Continental Breakfast
- What’s hot in Spectroscopy
Learn why FTIR, Raman and NIR have grown to become essential techniques throughout the manufacturing workflow; from R&D to QA/QC. See examples of how spectroscopy is used behind the headlines in applications such as environmental microplastics and the opioid crisis. Get practical advice on selecting the best technique and sampling device for your situation.
- Assuring Quality – Keeping your Business Flowing Smoothly with FTIR
Spectroscopy requires minimal sample preparation or reagents, making it ideal in the QC lab. See examples of how spectroscopy has replaced wet-chemical techniques thereby reducing cost and supporting green chemistry. Learn how the latest software tools assist in complying with FDA regulations in a cGxP environment.
- Spectroscopy in the QC Workflow – Live Product Demonstration
See how to build and deploy a simple analytical workflow. Watch a live demonstration showcasing the very latest in hardware and software.
- Spectroscopy in the Cloud – Connect and Collaborate
The Cloud is revolutionizing how we store, share and analyze data. Learn how Thermo Fisher is leveraging Cloud technology to help scientists connect and collaborate, without being chained to the lab bench.
- FTIR for R&D and failure analysis
Learn how collecting data across multiple spectral ranges, including FT-Raman can be used to build up the full picture of your sample. Get practical tips on how to get the best from your system and interpret the data it produces.
- FTIR in the trouble-shooting workflow – Live Product Demonstration
See a live demonstration of a multi-range system in action. Learn how easy it is to obtain data from multiple spectral ranges.
- Solving Big Problems with Small Samples – Raman and FTIR Microscopy
The root-cause of product failures frequently starts at the micro-scale. From simple point-and-shoot analysis to sophisticated imaging, Raman and FTIR microscopy provide insight into chemistry at the microscale. Get practical tips on sample preparation and see how microscopy can solve problems with your smallest samples.
9:00 a.m. – Morning Sessions:
1:00 p.m. – Afternoon Sessions