Standard Sample Holder
The ultimate high-resolution sample holder. The standard sample holder is shipped as standard with every Phenom system. Optimized for best imaging results and able to accommodate 3D samples mounted on standard sample pin stubs.
- Sample size up to 25 mm diameter and 30 mm height
Metallurgical Sample Holder
The base of this sample holder is the same as that of the Standard Sample Holder, except that this holder is designed to support resin-mounted samples. This holder is the preferred solution for metallurgy and when working with inserts. For this sample holder, there are two inserts available to enable fast sample preparation.
- Sample size up to 32 mm diameter and 30 mm height
Micro Tool and Tilt-Rotation Sample Holder
Imaging long axial shaped samples without sample modification is possible with the Micro Tool Sample Holder. Imaging objects such as drill bits, milling tools and injection needles is fast and easy using the Micro Tool Sample Holder. Imaging coatings and cutting angles is possible by rotating and tilting the region of interest without unloading the sample from the holder.
- Quick and fast clamping
- Tilting and rotation allow for easy sample positioning
- No extra tooling required for sample loading
- No sample modification needed
Charge Reduction Sample Holders
These sample holders allow for a low-vacuum mode that does not decrease the source lifetime.
Charge Reduction Sample Holder
This sample holder is designed to reduce sample charging and eliminate extra sample preparation of non-conductive samples. Imaging samples such as paper, polymers, organic materials, ceramics, glass and coatings becomes fast and trouble free.
- Up to 8 times higher magnification before charging is visible compared to the standard Phenom sample holder.
- The need for sputter coating is reduced dramatically, resulting in no additional equipment required and faster sample preparation.
- Non conductive samples can be imaged in their natural state providing valuable backscatter material contrast information.
Metallurgical Charge Reduction Sample Holder
This sample holder eliminates extra sample preparation of resin-mounted samples. This way imaging samples becomes fast and trouble free. For this sample holder, there are two inserts available to enable fast sample preparation.
- Up to 8 times higher magnification before charging is visible, compared to the standard Phenom sample holder.
- The need for sputter-coating is reduced dramatically, so no additional equipment is required and sample preparation is faster.
- Non-conductive samples can be imaged in their natural state, providing valuable back scatter material contrast information.
Active Sample Holders
Motorized Tilt Rotation Sample Holder
Revealing the hidden treasures of all features on your sample is now possible with the Motorized Tilt & Rotation Sample Holder. Samples can have lines and holes, or have multi-layer structures. The new Motorized Tilt & Rotation Sample Holder allows analysis of the sample from all visible sides and enables a unique 3D image of your sample.
The Motorized Tilt & Rotation Sample holder is a smart sample holder that does not have any cables attached. The sample holder interface board automatically identifies the sample holder type and will directly transfer tasks to the holder.
- Tilt range -10° to +45°
- Continuous 360° compucentric rotation
- Controlled by dedicated Motion Control Pro Suite application
- Tilt adapted focus
- Align X and Y
Temperature Controlled Sample Holder
The Temperature Controlled Sample Holder enables the study of vacuum-sensitive and vulnerable samples such as biological, food or organic coatings. The Temperature Controlled Sample Holder is able to control the temperature of the sample and therefore influence the humidity around the sample. This minimizes the effect of the electron beam and vacuum damage of the samples.
This active sample holder is based on the Peltier principle and designed in a way that the temperature can be adjusted quickly and easily. The sample temperature is accurately monitored and controlled by a dedicated keypad controller. The temperature of the Temperature Controlled Sample Holder can be controlled from -25°C to +50°C, with an accuracy of ±1.5°C.
- Temperature range -25°C to +50°C
- Temperature accuracy ±1.5°C
- Temperature display resolution 0.1°C
- Maximum cooling rate 20°C/min
- Sample size up to 25 mm diameter and 5 mm height