Vitrojet Knowledge base
– Tech Note –
Advancements in cryogenic transmission electron microscopes coupled with recent…
The VitroJet™ is a next generation cryo-EM sample vitrification robot designed in part to minimize manual manipulation throughout the cryo-EM grid preparation workflow while improving sample quality and consistency. Providing a more efficient way for optimizing sample conditions for a higher return from data collection, and allowing researchers to focus on the true research.
Jet vitrification allows the use for pre-clipped grids, minimzing grid damage
Control Sample Thickness
Easily customize deposition settings and monitor with real-time visual feedback
Ease & Automation
Makes all of the steps prior to microscopy into a low-cost, low-risk, and reproducible activity
Nanoliter Sample Volumes
Novel pin-printing deposits uniform liquid layers without the need for blotting
- Automation facilitates repeatable successful vitrification by novice users
- Blotless sample deposition utilizing pin-printing
- Jet vitrification freezes pre-clipped Autogrids
- Freeze up to 12 grids per session
- Low sample volume used- 0.5μL per 12 grid session
- In-line glow discharge
- Standard cryo-EM concentrations
- Use any traditional cryo-EM grid
- Storable automated workflows
- Prescreen grids in situ with comparable “Atlas” view
Talk to an Instrumentation Specialist Today!
Real-time Visual Feedback
Nanometer-thick film formation can be directly visualized within the holes of the pre-clipped grids for screening of frozen sample thickness, negating a downstream screening concern in a TEM.