Reports To: Technical Marketing Manager
Job Status: Full-Time
Location: Phoenix, AZ
To Apply: Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and explain your experience in a cover letter.
At Nanoscience Instruments we market, sell, and service sophisticated scientific instrumentation in the field of microscopy. Our products are utilized by large and small universities, government labs, startups, and multinational corporations across the US and Canada. We enable innovation by providing complex instrumentation which can probe and discover materials, processes, and interactions at the nanoscale.
Are you creative and love science? Whether your creativity lends itself to writing, graphic design, photography or video, if you combine that enthusiasm with a strong science background, this may be the job for you.
We are looking for someone with a physical science degree, minimum B.S. in physics, chemistry, materials science, or engineering.
The Scientific Marketing Associate works collaboratively with the marketing department to develop content to communicate with our customers to generate and nurture sales leads for scientific instrumentation and analytical services. In this role, under the direction of the Technical Marketing Manager and working with the marketing team, you will be responsible for setting and executing strategies for developing business opportunities for analytical instruments and analytical services. The Scientific Marketing Associate works with Application Scientists, Technical Salespeople, and Service Engineers to develop content that brands Nanoscience Instruments, our products and services.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesWe may adapt the role to the strengths of an ideal candidate, therefore this position may entail any of the following responsibilities:
- Scientific content creation for product marketing & applications
- Editing scientific content
- Social media content creation and posting
- Market research to find individuals that fit our market criteria
- Database management for email campaigns
- Graphic design, illustration, page & email layout
- Video script creation, production & editing
- Basic web design
- Project coordination and tracking
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Education: B.S. in science or engineering
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with constructive feedback on marketing messages
- Drive projects to completion based on the set deadlines
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- A fast learner that isn’t afraid to ask questions
- A strong desire to learn and test new marketing messages to generate new business
- A solid interest in science and scientific research
- Ability to create and maintain relationships with internal and external partners
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and experience with databases
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Organized and efficient, paying close attention to details while handling multiple tasks
- Sense of urgency and ability to handle tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Social and Digital Media savvy
- Web design & backend a plus (e.g. HTML, CSS, etc.)
- Growth mind-set