CryoEM Sample Preparation System: Fully Automated and Reproducible
The VitroJetTM is a revolutionary new sample preparation solution for single particle CryoEM research. It brings control and automation into grid preparation. This approach leads to more control and reproducible method for preparing samples, maximizing throughput, and eliminating the waste of valuable high-grade protein. The VitroJetTM integrates all the following features into a compact solution that’s designed for every CryoEM lab.
Revolutionizing CryoEM Sample Prep. Moving beyond plunge freezing.
The VitroJetTM freezes grids much faster than conventional plunge freezing techniques.
- Faster and Targeted Sample Freezing: Vitreous ice is produced even when grids are pre-clipped into autogrid assemblies
- Reliable pre-clipping assembly: Users can pre-clip assemblies at room temperature before sample deposition and cryo freezing
- Eliminate post-clipping damage & contamination: Grid doesn’t need further manipulation following its preparation
Ethane Jetting Technology
Ensures vitrification of pre-clipped autogrids of pre-clipped autogrids.
- Faster than standard plunging techniques: Jets grids with a cold stream of liquid ethane for faster cooling rates
- Instantaneously vitrify samples: Vitrify from the center of the grid outwards rather than cooling down through the copper grid bars
Avoids grid damage. All the vital steps for preparation are done automatically without user intervention.
- Grid handling
- Plasma cleaning
- Sample deposition
- Placement into grid box
The system uses less overall sample for deposition by depositing the sample onto the grid with a pin and eliminates blotting; a method known for producing inconsistent ice quality.
- Eliminate blotting: Apply only the amount of sample you want
- Customize ice thickness: Adjust parameters of sample size and vitrification based on user programmable specifications
- Reproducible: Consistent ice thickness, vitreous status, and overall quality
The integrated plasma cleaner provides a tunable and consistent method for enhancing the wettability of the grid. Surface energy is controllable, reproducible, and designed for flexibility; so users can incorporate different gases to achieve results in wettability.
Visualize the entire sample deposition process with a camera to monitor the success of deposition.
- Assess deposition quality prior to microscope screening
- Log videos, images, and settings for future export for lab journals
Autofill of Nitrogen and Ethane
Automatically maintain the level of liquid ethane and liquid nitrogen for 1.5 – 2 hours of use, giving users ample time to prepare a number of vitrified grids for the microscope.
Logging and Documentation
Protocols for specific samples, including parameters used in plasma cleaning and deposition can be saved as a recipe. This can be loaded in a future session in order to maintain consistent results for a specific sample of interest.